Hot stone massage
Hot Stone Massage is a truly relaxing treatment using hot stones of varying sizes on parts of the body – from the forehead to between the toes – giving a deep massage and creating a sensation of warmth and comfort. The heat from the stones feels great and is also wholly therapeutic – helping detox the body and relaxing the nervous system. The stones used are smooth, volcanic basalt that retain their heat on the body for as long as possible.
What are the benefits of Hot Stone Massage?
- Deep relaxation, the warmth relaxes both physically and mentally
- The heat from the stones is transferred to the body by conduction and it may reach up to 3cm into the muscle
- Circulation is improved and muscles have an increased blood supply, improving function , Toxins and waste are eliminated more quickly
- The warmth can relieve pain in muscles and joints
- Tension in connective tissue is decreased; There is a deep comfort of receiving warmth on the body. The use of the therapist’s hands in conjunction with the stones also helps produce a more intensive experience.
Full practical demonstration and guidance throughout the day and conducting a full hot stone massage using smooth volcanic basalt rock and carrier oil on the back, legs, arm and hands, feet, face and scalp
Health and Safety at Work Law , Sterilisation and Hygiene in the salon
Data Protection, where to source your products
Anatomy and Physiology relating to the course you are studying
Consultation process and an example of the consultation card.
Contra-indications and how to recognise them, Contra-actions, cleansing and recharging stones, Licensing requirements if required. Professionalism/ Code of Ethics
Local Bylaws that may affect your business e.g. treating minors.
Where to obtain insurance and details of professional associations.
Entry Requirement & Prerequisites
Body massage certificate or aromatherapy massage certificate
Course duration & CPD
1 Day – 9 CPD
Assessment and Examination Method
There will be continuous formative assessments takes place during the day while you practise and take information from your tutor. On completion of the training day you will be expected to answer verbal questions and perform a full hot stone massage with minimal direction from your tutor.
Amount due 2 weeks prior to training: £95
Accredited Practitioner Level Diploma
Once you complete this training you will be entitled to gain insurance. All courses at Inspire Therapy Training are accredited and recognised by industry professionals. Please visit our accreditation page for details. See image below for accreditng bodies we have chosen for this diploma.